The Cherry Hills Village Police Department (CHVPD) has been investigating a fatal
crash that occurred in the 4000 block of S. University Blvd, on July 26, 2021 at approximately 6:34 pm in which a suspect fled on foot after the crash and was not apprehended. The crash resulted in the death of Stacy L. Pepper, 37 years of age, from San Francisco, California who was in town visiting family.
As a result of the investigation CHVPD obtained an arrest warrant for:
Evan Michael Joslin, date of birth March 17, 1993.
On August 8, 2021 at approximately 6:00 pm Joslin surrendered himself to the Aurora Police Department. He was booked on the charges listed below. Joslin posted a $50,000 bond. His first court date is scheduled for August 27, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. in Arapahoe County.
- 1) 18-3-106(1)(a) Vehicular Homicide-Reckless Driving
- 2) 42-4-1601(2)(c) Failed to Remain at Scene of Accident Involving Death
- 3) 42-2-138(1)(a) Drove Vehicle When License Revoked-Refusal
- 4) 42-4-1101(1) Speeding (10-19 Over Prima Facie Limit)
- 5) 42-4-1601(1) Failed to Notify Police of Accident
- 6) 42-3-121(1)(b) Displayed Fictitious Number Plate
The investigation is continuing. Please direct any further questions to the 18th Judicial District Attorney’s Office.